The City of Tygerberg is currently experiencing a transitional phase. They want to redevelop their infrastructure to deliver a world-class community with state of the art arts, culture, educational and sport facilities. They want to attract businesses and they want to improve living conditions. In order to execute this vision they need a qualified partner to address the social issues on ground level posing a threat towards a sustainable and prosperous future. We have the expertise, but require funding and support from the business sector to deliver. Our challenges include:
- Drug and alcohol abuse among children - Particularly for the age group between 8 and 12 there are no resources or facilities to house or rehabilitate these children.
- Family violence.
- Sexual abuse of children.
- Street, abandoned and orphaned children - These children often develop learning problems and if professional therapists do not partner with us, these children also develop behavioural difficulties and leave school early with no prospects and the cycle repeats again in their own children.
- Child neglect.
- Teenage pregnancies - We require professionals who are willing to partner with us to deliver services to these young mothers, such as the establishment of attachment clinics.
- Abused woman.
- Support groups, professional counselling and facilities.
We require business expertise, speech therapists, psychologists, occupational therapists, physio-therapists and trauma counsellors.